Samsara by Guerlain: launched in 1989. Created by Jean Paul Guerlain.
In Sanskrit, Samsara means the eternal cycle of life. It is an imaginary place, sacred and mysterious, where Orient and Occident meet. Samsara is the symbol of harmony, of absolute osmosis between a woman and her perfume. It is a spiritual voyage leading to serenity and inner contemplation. The bottle, in the sacred red of the Orient, echoes the figure of a Khmer dancer in the Musée Guimet in Paris, her hands folded in a gesture of offering, expressing plenitude and femininity. The stopper evokes the eye of Buddha. A tantalizing floral-oriental perfume, Samsara is a harmonious blend of all-natural essences, including jasmine, ylang ylang, sandalwood and tonka bean.
So what does it smell like? It is classified as a woody oriental fragrance for women.
- Top notes: bergamot, lemon, ylang-ylang, peach and green notes
- Middle notes: night blooming jasmine, iris, narcissus, violet and rose
- Base notes: sandalwood, vanilla, tonka bean, amber, and musk
Ruby stained glass pendant bottle encased in a fishnet ornate brass contained the wheel of Ashoka, with its cable and its cover.
- 1 oz Parfum (Extrait)
- Buy Samsara 0.50 oz Parfum (Extrait) at neimanmarcus.com!
- 0.25 oz Parfum (Extrait)
- Buy Samsara 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette at neimanmarcus.com!
- Buy Samsara 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette at neimanmarcus.com!
- Buy Samsara 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum at neimanmarcus.com!
- Scented Soap
- Buy Samsara Body Lotion at neimanmarcus.com!
- Ritual Bath & Shower Gel
- Body Creme
- Bath Salts
- Body Powder
In 1999, Samsara was relaunched with new ancillary products: Rituel de Parfum and Ritual for the Hair. The Rituel de Parfum is an alcohol free silky mist which evaporates as soon as it comes in contact with the skin, perfuming the skin in its wake. The Ritual for the Hair is a fluid crystal gel which leaves hair shiny and fragrant without weighing it down.